🌱 Skip the line - Go paperless!
Apply online to save time by using the Homestead Online Application today!
If print is preferred or required, select from the options below and return the completed paper applications in person to the Carver County Property Assessment Office at 600 E. 4th St., Chaska MN 55318
The State of Minnesota encourages home ownership by providing owner-occupied properties a reduction in their property taxes. The amount of the homestead exclusion varies depending on the market value of the property. The maximum value amount of the exclusion is $30,400 for residential properties with a market value of $76,000. As the property’s market value increases above $76,000, the amount of the exclusion decreases (shown in the graph below). The homestead classification can reduce the taxes on a residential property up to $304 per year.
Owners/Relatives wishing to apply for homestead in Carver County you may do so by mail, through the Carver County online portal (Online Homestead), or in person to the Carver County Assessor’s office.
Owner Occupying Homestead
- Social Security Numbers for all owners (even for spouses not listed on deed or ITIN if applicable)
- Signature of each owner and spouse
- Occupant Social Security Number and Spouse's SSN or ITIN (whether occupying or not)
- Owner, Occupant, and spouse's signatures on application
- Owner's current address and contact information
Homestead applications with supporting documents can be submitted online, mail, or in person.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT A HOMESTEAD APPLICATION BY EMAIL
- ONLINE Application click HERE
- Carver County Assessor's Office:
- 600 E. 4th St, Chaska, MN 55318
If you move or at any time your property is sold or you change primary residence, State law requires you to notify the Assessor's Office within 30 days. To remove your homestead please fill out the request form below and email.
Please call or email with any questions.